1/1 Photo of Barefoot Contessa's Blueberry Crumb Cake
1 hr 15 mins
From Barefoot Contessa at Home, 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 78.07 ml light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.59 ml ground nutmeg
- 113.39 g unsalted butter, melted
- 314.66 ml all-purpose flour
For the cake
- 88.74 ml unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml grated lemon zest
- 158.51 ml sour cream
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 236.59 ml fresh blueberries
- confectioners' sugar, for sprinkling
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter and flour a 10-inch round baking pan.
- 3For the streusel, combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- 4Stir in the melted butter and then the flour.
- 5Mix well and set aside.
- 6For the cake, cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on high speed for 4 to 5 minutes, until light.
- 7Reduce the speed to low and add the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla, lemon zest, and sour cream.
- 8In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture to the batter until just combined. Fold in the blueberries and stir with a spatula to be sure the batter is completely mixed.
- 9Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out with a knife.
- 10With your fingers, crumble the topping evenly over the batter.
- 11Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
- 12Cool completely and serve sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Blueberry Crumb Cake
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.6
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 153.9 mg
- Sodium 314.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 48.8 g
- Protein 8.9 g