1/2 Photos of Barefoot Contessa's Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins
Adapted from the Barefoot Contessa Family Style Cookbook, 2002. At the intro of this recipe Ina Garten says that there were days that her specialty food shop would bake 2,000 of these muffins on a Saturday morning and by 9:30AM, they would all be gone! I changed the recipe just a bit, instead of using 2 1/2 cups all-purpose white flour, I split the flour between all-purpose white flour and wheat flour. You don't have to do this, if you don't want to. I always try to incorporate wheat flour into recipes that call for flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 177.48 ml unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 3 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 7.39 ml pure vanilla extract
- 226.79 g sour cream
- 59.14 ml milk
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 1 whole wheat flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 473.19 ml fresh blueberries, picked through for stems
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place 16 paper liners in muffin pans.
- 3In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- 4With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla, sour cream, and milk.
- 5In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 6With the mixer on low speed add the flour mixture to the batter and beat until just mixed.
- 7Fold in the blueberries with a spatula and be sure the batter is completely mixed.
- 8Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pans, filling each cup just over the top.
- 9Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the muffins are lightly browned on top and a cake tester comes out clean.
- 10**Barefoot Contessa uses an ice-cream scoop to measure the batter so that every muffin comes out the same size.
- 11***Greasing the tops of the pans makes it easier to take the muffins out after baking.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.5
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 165.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: