From Barefoot Contessa Family Style Cookbook, 2002.
Make and share this Barefoot Contessa's Banana Sour Cream Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk, plus
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- unsalted butter
- 2 ripe bananas, diced, plus extra for serving
- pure maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk together the sour cream, milk, eggs, vanilla, and lemon zest.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, mixing only until combined.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat until it bubbles.
- Ladle the pancake batter (Ina uses a 1/4-cup measure to drop the batter into the pan) into the pan.
- Distribute a rounded tablespoon of bananas on each pancake.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes, until bubbles appear on top and the underside is nicely browned.
- Flip the pancakes and then cook for another minute, until browned.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel, add more butter to the pan, and continue cooking pancakes until the batter is used.
- Serve with sliced bananas, butter, and maple syrup.
- **The pancakes will stay warm in a preheated 200-degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.