1/2 Photos of Barefoot Contessa's Banana Sour Cream Pancakes
From Barefoot Contessa Family Style Cookbook, 2002.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk, plus
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- unsalted butter
- 2 ripe bananas, diced, plus extra for serving
- pure maple syrup
- 1In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 2Whisk together the sour cream, milk, eggs, vanilla, and lemon zest.
- 3Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, mixing only until combined.
- 4Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat until it bubbles.
- 5Ladle the pancake batter (Ina uses a 1/4-cup measure to drop the batter into the pan) into the pan.
- 6Distribute a rounded tablespoon of bananas on each pancake.
- 7Cook 2 to 3 minutes, until bubbles appear on top and the underside is nicely browned.
- 8Flip the pancakes and then cook for another minute, until browned.
- 9Wipe out the pan with a paper towel, add more butter to the pan, and continue cooking pancakes until the batter is used.
- 10Serve with sliced bananas, butter, and maple syrup.
- 11**The pancakes will stay warm in a preheated 200-degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Banana Sour Cream Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (911 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.4
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 42.0 mg
- Sodium 308.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 3.7 g