1/1 Photo of Barefoot Contessa Pork Loin - Ina Garten
Very good. I can't believe what a great chef she is.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (5 lb) pork loin, bone in, Frenched and tied (about 5 pounds, 10 bones)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 4 teaspoons whole grain mustard, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup good white wine
- 3 cups homemade chicken stock, recipe follows or 3 cups canned broth
- 1/4 cup green peppercorns in brine, drained
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Allow the pork to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2Place the pork, fat side up, in a roasting pan just large enough to hold it comfortably. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, 2 teaspoons of each mustard, the fennel seed, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Rub the mixture on top of the pork and roast for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F. Remove from the oven, transfer to a cutting board, and cover tightly with aluminum foil for 20 minutes.
- 3For the sauce, remove all but 1/4 cup of fat from the roasting pan. If there isn't 1/4 cup, add enough butter to the pan to make 1/4 cup total. Over medium heat, whisk the flour into the fat in the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add the wine and scrape up all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken stock, the remaining 2 teaspoons of each mustard, the green peppercorns, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until the sauce is reduced and slightly thickened.
- 4Remove the strings from the roast pork, slice between the bones, and serve warm with the hot sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa Pork Loin - Ina Garten
Serving Size: 1 (558 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 928.0
- Calories from Fat 531
- Total Fat 59.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 228.0 mg
- Sodium 1021.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 81.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green peppercorns in brine