Wonderful dish for the summer and your fresh tomatoes. This recipe serves 12, so you may want to cut in half for smaller servings. Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I have just made it myself. Findings: I used different pasta since it's what I had to hand, and this made quite a large serving bowl filled to the top, and fusilli would have been easier to mix so it's the better choice. Taste? (dreamy look coming over me) awesome... if you love sundried tomatoes you gonna Looooove this ! I doubled the dressing,(more garlic is good) but left the capers to be added at the end by those who like them.. the bowl with the dressing would probably have been licked clean if only the others would have left one of us at the table alone LOL ! the dressing and the pasta compliment each other perfectly. We totally adored this recipe, I hope that you do too :) ZWT REGION: Italy.
- 1 lb fusilli (spiral)
- kosher salt
- olive oil
- 1 lb ripe tomato, cut in medium dice
- 1⁄4 cup good black olives, such as Kalamata, pitted and diced
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut in medium dice
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup packed basil leaves, cut in julienne
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, diced
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling, salted water with splash of oil. Boil 12 minutes, or according to directions on package. Drain well and allow to cool.
- Place pasta in bowl and add tomatoes, olives, mozzarella and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- To make dressing: Combine sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, capers, salt and pepper in food processor until almost smooth.
- Pour dressing over pasta, sprinkle with Parmesan and basil and toss well.