After watching Ina make these to serve with her chicken salad this weekend I knew I would have to make these soon. I cannot wait to try!
My Private Note
large s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 lb cold unsalted butter, diced
- 4 extra-large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1/2 lb extra-sharp yellow cheddar cheese, small-diced
- 1 cup minced fresh dill
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water or 1 tablespoon milk, for egg wash
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Combine 4 cups of flour, the baking powder, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the butter and mix on low speed until the butter is in pea-sized pieces. Mix the eggs and heavy cream and quickly add them to the flour-and-butter mixture. Combine until just blended. Toss together the Cheddar, dill, and 1 tablespoon of flour and add them to the dough. Mix until they are almost incorporated.
- 3Dump the dough onto a well-floured surface and knead it for 1 minute, until the Cheddar and dill are well distributed. Roll the dough 3/4-inch thick. Cut into 4-inch squares and then in half diagonally to make triangles. Brush the tops with egg wash. Bake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 20 to 25 minutes, until the outside is crusty and the inside is fully baked.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa Cheddar Dill Scones - Ina Garten
Serving Size: 1 (1650 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.5
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 155.5 mg
- Sodium 548.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 9.5 g