Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tasty Healthy Treat for those of us that need the protein, fiber and low sugar
Make and share this Bareatric Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups instant plain oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 scoop any whey tasteless protein powder
- 1 cup apple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup craisins
- nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease or spray a 9x13 pan.
- Mix together melted butter, vanilla, and egg substitute.
- Stir in sugars, peanut butter and applesauce.
- In a seperate bowl mix flour, wheat germ, salt, Baking powder, baking soda, Protein powder and the spices and sift over and into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Last add the Oatmeal, Apples. Cran raisins and if you choose to add them the Nuts. Stir until everything is mixed.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 40-45 minutes depending on your oven, or until they resemble brownies. Do not over bake!
- Cut into 24 bars and enjoy!