Recipe by Dine & Dish
This recipe is so easy and requires so few ingredients that many doubt how good it will be. Well..I'm here to tell you that these are one of the best chocolate chip cookie bars you can make! No eggs, so the dough is great to eat as well :) Give it a try...I know you'll love them!
Top Review by mrthing
Mine turned out super - I was really surprised that I didn't need any egg. For those who had problems, I'd be willing to bet they used all-purpose flour. I didn't think that would work, so I added baking soda and salt to convert mine to self-rising. So I would be willing to bet the ones that had problems didn't add any leavening. Thanks for the recipe - these were a big hit!!
- 1 cup baking butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1.5 cups for dough, 1/2 cup for topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla & salt.
- Gradually add flour and continue mixing.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate morsels.
- Press into ungreased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes until golden on edges.
- Cool in pan until slightly warm.
- For topping:.
- Microwave 1/2 cup of chips in a ziploc bag for 1 minute on HIGH. Watch carefully.
- Knead the bag around until the morsels are melted and smooth.
- Cut a tip in the corner of the bag and drizzle chocolate onto the bars.