Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
This recipe is so easy and requires so few ingredients that many doubt how good it will be. Well..I'm here to tell you that these are one of the best chocolate chip cookie bars you can make! No eggs, so the dough is great to eat as well :) Give it a try...I know you'll love them!
- 1 cup baking butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1.5 cups for dough, 1/2 cup for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla & salt.
- Gradually add flour and continue mixing.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate morsels.
- Press into ungreased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes until golden on edges.
- Cool in pan until slightly warm.
- For topping:.
- Microwave 1/2 cup of chips in a ziploc bag for 1 minute on HIGH. Watch carefully.
- Knead the bag around until the morsels are melted and smooth.
- Cut a tip in the corner of the bag and drizzle chocolate onto the bars.
Mine turned out super - I was really surprised that I didn't need any egg. For those who had problems, I'd be willing to bet they used all-purpose flour. I didn't think that would work, so I added baking soda and salt to convert mine to self-rising. So I would be willing to bet the ones that had problems didn't add any leavening. Thanks for the recipe - these were a big hit!!
I made these and they were perfect. Our oven is a little bit older. So you have to adjust the temperature sometimes. However, I made these and I was very happy. Now a week later I got on here to check the recipe again to make them and decided to write a short review. Just follow the recipe and you should get great results.
I made 6 batches of these.. And they were all harder than rocks!<br/>Avoid this recipe!<br/><br/>This recipe is very easy to make... but you won't be able to eat it!