Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
This recipe is so easy and requires so few ingredients that many doubt how good it will be. Well..I'm here to tell you that these are one of the best chocolate chip cookie bars you can make! No eggs, so the dough is great to eat as well :) Give it a try...I know you'll love them!
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla & salt.
- Gradually add flour and continue mixing.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate morsels.
- Press into ungreased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes until golden on edges.
- Cool in pan until slightly warm.
- For topping:.
- Microwave 1/2 cup of chips in a ziploc bag for 1 minute on HIGH. Watch carefully.
- Knead the bag around until the morsels are melted and smooth.
- Cut a tip in the corner of the bag and drizzle chocolate onto the bars.
Mine turned out super - I was really surprised that I didn't need any egg. For those who had problems, I'd be willing to bet they used all-purpose flour. I didn't think that would work, so I added baking soda and salt to convert mine to self-rising. So I would be willing to bet the ones that had problems didn't add any leavening. Thanks for the recipe - these were a big hit!!
I made 6 batches of these.. And they were all harder than rocks!<br/>Avoid this recipe!<br/><br/>This recipe is very easy to make... but you won't be able to eat it!
Yep, this recipe is a keeper!!! My pantry had Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate so that's what was used. My family enjoyed them very much despite being milk chocolate lovers. Thanks to other reviews, I watched this very carefully while baking in my inconsistent temp oven. The edges did brown but the center was obviously not done. A few minutes later the center was "done" and the edges were still fine. They turned out very well. As many say, this is more of a shortbread bar and is very, very good! This is a recipe that is staying in the recipe box to be used again and again! Thank you for sharing!