I know. One more recipe for popcorn balls, but I looked, and this is the most basic you can get. I made two batches, one with two handfuls of unsalted peanuts.
My Private Note
Balls - ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine molasses and sugar in a saucepan.
- 2Grease a large mixing bowl and put in popped popcorn. Grease a mixing spoon. Set aside.
- 3Combine molasses and sugar in a saucepan. Stirring constantly, heat over medium-high heat until just about boiling.
- 4Pour over popcorn and mix well. Add peanuts if desired at this point.
- 5Let cool a little (take the kids to wash their hands - that will take just the right amount of time!).
- 6Press popcorn into balls. (Kids love this!).
- 7Eat what sticks on your hands.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bare-Bones Molasses Popcorn Balls
Serving Size: 1 (832 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.8
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 43.1 g
- Protein 1.3 g