Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Cooking Light. Orange and Chocolate? What's not to love about this?
- 158.51 ml boiling water
- 56.69 g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 314.66 ml 1% low-fat milk
- 236.59 ml brewed espresso or 236.59 ml strong coffee
- 59.14 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 59.14 ml packed brown sugar
- 2 inch orange rind, strip
- 59.14 ml frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- cocoa powder (optional)
- Combine 2/3 cup boiling water and chopped chocolate in a medium saucepan, stirring until chocolate melts.
- Add milk and next 4 ingredients (through rind); cook over medium-low heat, stirring with a whisk. Heat 5 minutes or until tiny bubbles form around edge of pan, stirring frequently (do not boil).
- Discard rind. Pour 1 cup mixture into each of 4 mugs. Spoon 1 tablespoon whipped topping over each serving. Dust with cocoa powder, if desired.
Rich mocha, great flavor! I could use more orange zest.
Dicentra this hot chocolate was sooo good. I really enjoyed this rich, thick, creamy treat. I loved the way all the different flavors could be tasted in the drink. For this treat I used extra dark chocolate and really strong espresso for a memorable drink. Thank you so much for sharing. I will be enjoying this again.