Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Cooking Light. Orange and Chocolate? What's not to love about this?
Make and share this Barcelona Hot Chocolate recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup brewed espresso or 1 cup strong coffee
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 inches orange rind, strip
- 1⁄4 cup frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- cocoa powder (optional)
- Combine 2/3 cup boiling water and chopped chocolate in a medium saucepan, stirring until chocolate melts.
- Add milk and next 4 ingredients (through rind); cook over medium-low heat, stirring with a whisk. Heat 5 minutes or until tiny bubbles form around edge of pan, stirring frequently (do not boil).
- Discard rind. Pour 1 cup mixture into each of 4 mugs. Spoon 1 tablespoon whipped topping over each serving. Dust with cocoa powder, if desired.
Rich mocha, great flavor! I could use more orange zest.
Dicentra this hot chocolate was sooo good. I really enjoyed this rich, thick, creamy treat. I loved the way all the different flavors could be tasted in the drink. For this treat I used extra dark chocolate and really strong espresso for a memorable drink. Thank you so much for sharing. I will be enjoying this again.