Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
We love Swiss chard. I have been making white swiss chard like this for years. My Daughter-in-laws Italian Mother use to make her swiss chard like this, that is how I came by this recipe. The white broad stem swiss chard works best.
- 453.59 g white swiss chard
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 9.85-14.78 ml minced garlic
- salt & pepper
- Wash swiss chard, Cut the white stems into 1 1/2 to 2 inch pieces.
- Chop the green part into 2 to 3 inch pieces.
- Heat olive oil in skillet add garlic and the stems of the chard; Saute until stems start to get tender.
- Add the green leaves saute with cover on skillet,Stir, saute for about 3 minutes(water clinging to leaves is enough moisture) until wilted, do not over cook.
- Serve, good served with a little vinegar.
Barb- I liked this recipe. As I have loads of chard still growing in the garden I am trying different recipes so it is not the same every day. I enjoyed this recipe in taste and the simplicity of it. Thank you. Chef1Mom another WNYer