1/2 Photos of Barb's Sauteed Swiss Chard
Barb Gertz's Note:
We love Swiss chard. I have been making white swiss chard like this for years. My Daughter-in-laws Italian Mother use to make her swiss chard like this, that is how I came by this recipe. The white broad stem swiss chard works best.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash swiss chard, Cut the white stems into 1 1/2 to 2 inch pieces.
- 2Chop the green part into 2 to 3 inch pieces.
- 3Heat olive oil in skillet add garlic and the stems of the chard; Saute until stems start to get tender.
- 4Add the green leaves saute with cover on skillet,Stir, saute for about 3 minutes(water clinging to leaves is enough moisture) until wilted, do not over cook.
- 5Serve, good served with a little vinegar.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barb's Sauteed Swiss Chard
Serving Size: 1 (8 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.3
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white swiss chard