Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 720 hrs
My Aunt Barb's refrigerator pickles - Dill pickles with a hint of sweetness. These definitely are NOT sweet/sour, like bread & butter pickles... just good!
- Wash & slice cucumbers.
- Fill pint jars (can use quart jars, if desired) half full of sliced cucumbers.
- Add one clove of garlic and one ring of onion.
- Fill jar with sliced cucumbers.
- Put a sprig of dill on top of each jar.
- While filling jars with pickles, bring vinegar, water, sugar, & salt to a boil
- Pour liquid over cucumbers, filling to rim.
- Wipe off edge of jar and screw lids on tightly.
- Store upside down in the refrigerator.
- They will be ready in 4 to 6 weeks.