Recipe by baguerrero
I am not crazy about eggs; I like them, but I have to mask them a bit. When I scramble eggs, I always add cheese. I was looking in my fridge one day; badly needing to go food shopping...trying to come up with something for lunch. I had eggs and I had mayonaise. I always have fresh herbs and spices, so I thought I could probably pull off an egg salad that was kicked up from the normal "yolky" tasting traditional egg salad. It worked well! I just made my egg salad last night; my son called me a work this afternoon to rave about how much he loves it!
Top Review by dorisfarrar
I also scaled the recipe back to 3 eggs and substituted the fresh garlic for garlic powder but left everything else the same. This is a really good recipe for Egg Salad. I served on slider bun w/ sharp cheddar and lettuce.
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- shell and coarsely chop the egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of real mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 tablespoon of salad dressing mayonnaise (both to taste)
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 4 -5 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sweet relish
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- salt and pepper