From a friend. It's good, but it's for garlic-lovers only!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons liquid honey
- 2 whole dried dried hot peppers, cut into pieces (and you can use any type you like) (optional)
- 2 heads garlic (yes, heads)
- 3 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, honey and peppers; set aside.
- 2Peel all the garlic cloves in the 2 heads, and slice thinly; set aside.
- 3Cut chicken breasts into chunks about 2 inches across; heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add chicken.
- 4When chicken is almost browned, add garlic to pan and turn heat down to medium; continue cooking until garlic slices are soft.
- 5If there is any excess oil in the skillet, drain it off and discard.
- 6Add soy sauce mixture to skillet and turn heat back to medium-high; let cook until sauce is thickened.
- 7Put chicken mixture on a large platter and garnish with peanuts and parsley.
- 8Best served with rice and a steamed green vegetable like broccoli or green beans.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barb's Garlic Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.3
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 127.1 mg
- Sodium 617.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 46.9 g