Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From a friend. It's good, but it's for garlic-lovers only!
Make and share this Barb's Garlic Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons liquid honey
- 2 whole dried dried hot peppers, cut into pieces (and you can use any type you like) (optional)
- 2 heads garlic (yes, heads)
- 3 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, honey and peppers; set aside.
- Peel all the garlic cloves in the 2 heads, and slice thinly; set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts into chunks about 2 inches across; heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add chicken.
- When chicken is almost browned, add garlic to pan and turn heat down to medium; continue cooking until garlic slices are soft.
- If there is any excess oil in the skillet, drain it off and discard.
- Add soy sauce mixture to skillet and turn heat back to medium-high; let cook until sauce is thickened.
- Put chicken mixture on a large platter and garnish with peanuts and parsley.
- Best served with rice and a steamed green vegetable like broccoli or green beans.