Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We love feta cheese, this is my own recipe for scrambled eggs with veggies and feta cheese. My DH loves this , and said, you should post this recipe so others can injoy it. This is very good made with other vegetables, such a broccoli, peppers, mushrooms, etc.
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half (I use fat free)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small zucchini or 1 small yellow squash (or both)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 6 -8 cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese or 1⁄4 cup other cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- Mix eggs, half& half, salt and pepper (I use hand blender), set aside.
- Heat skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, onions, and squash and saute until tender: add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add spinach and wilt, add tomatoes and EGG Mixture and scramble till eggs are set, add both cheeses, Serve.
Eggs + Feta... why did I never think of this before! It's wonderful! Very good recipe for a change from regular scrambled eggs. I didn't use the tomatoes and added yellow & orange bell peppers (I already had them in my fridge). The only prob I had was that they wouldnn't scramble as dry as I like, so next time I won't use the full amt of half'n'half. I am definitely saving this recipe!
Great quick meal. I used parmesan instead of monterey jack and used carrot instead of spinach because I had used up all of my spinach. I had a yellow zucchini which kept the kids happy. Great quick dinner together with a salad on a day when nobody really wanted to cook or eat anything heavy.
This is another winner, Barb! I used some leftover roasted veggies that included zucchini, eggplant, onions, scallions and asparagus. I left out the spinach as I didn't have any, and subbed grated parmesan for the Monterey Jack. Because I failed to look at the directions, I added the cheeses while it was still cooking and let it melt in. No matter, it was still delicious and both my kids inhaled it. This made an excellent quick dinner for a summer night. I especially appreciate the fact that it's made like scrambled eggs, rather than an omelette as I'm utterly inept at omelettes and didn't have to feel obliged to try ;-)