Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from my friend Barb 19 years ago. I'm posting it here so that I don't lose it. I have tried other chicken divan recipes but this one is my family's favorite.
- 20 ounces frozen broccoli
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Arrange cooked, drained broccoli in greased pan. Layer chicken on top. Combine next three ingredients and spoon evenly over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs. Dot with butter.
- Will keep in freezer 3 months. Thaw before cooking. Bake, uncovered, in 350 oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. It is done when bubbly and browned on top.
I'm so sorry that I have to give this 3 stars. This is comfort food, to be sure. However, the quantities of soup and mayo put this to a side of flavor and texture that are not our tastes. I'm sure that this will appeal to many others! We loved the chicken and broccoli, by-the-way! Look forward to trying two more recipes for Fall 2012 PAC! Thanks, Mega, for the opportunity to try something very different and creative!