Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A great alternative to cinnamon rolls. You can use any cinnamon roll dough recipe that you like. I use the one that came with my bread machine.
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup water, warmed to 80 degrees
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup tart cherries, drained
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup butter (2/3 stick) or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened (2/3 stick)
- Mix dough according to you bread machines specifications.
- When dough is done roll out into a rectangle.
- Spread filling on well buttered dough sprinkled with cinnamon. roll into a jelly roll and cut into 1 inch rolls. Place them in a well greased pan and cover and let them rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 350°F for 25-30 minute Frost them while still warm.