Recipe by Barb G.
This pie has a coconut crust, It is very easy to prepare, everyone loves it. This needs to freeze for several hours or over night.
- 1 1⁄3 cups grated coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons water
- 7 1⁄2 ounces chocolate bars with almonds (Hershey's for instance)
- 4 cups Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine coconut and melted butter; press into 8-inch pie plate.
- Bake in oven at 325 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Cool throughly.
- In a small sauce pan dissolove coffee in water.
- Add chocolate bar, Stir chocolate mixture over low heat until melted.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Pile into coconut crust.
- Garnish wqith chocolate curls.
- Chill in freezer several hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer several minutes before serving.