Prep2 hrs 10 mins
I have been making these pickles for a long time they are a farorite of family & friends.
Make and share this Barbs Bread & Butter Pickles recipe from Food.com.
- Combine cucumber and onion slices in a large bowl.
- Layer with salt and cover with ice cubes; let stand for 1 1/2 hours; drain and rinse.
- Place remaining ingredients in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add drained cucumbers and onions and return to boil.
- Pack hot into jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Remove air bubbles by running a knife down edges; adjust caps.
- Process 10 minutes in boiling water bath.