1/3 Photos of Barbs Bread & Butter Pickles
2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
I have been making these pickles for a long time they are a farorite of family & friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine cucumber and onion slices in a large bowl.
- 2Layer with salt and cover with ice cubes; let stand for 1 1/2 hours; drain and rinse.
- 3Place remaining ingredients in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- 4Add drained cucumbers and onions and return to boil.
- 5Pack hot into jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- 6Remove air bubbles by running a knife down edges; adjust caps.
- 7Process 10 minutes in boiling water bath.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbs Bread & Butter Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (3961 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.2
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5398.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 67.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g