Cook1 hr 10 mins
This is an awesome recipe from my sister. I don't know where she got it, but it is absolutely scrumptious and a must-have for all of you gardeners out there :)
- Preheat oven to 325* and grease bottom only of two 9 x 5 bread pans.
- Beat eggs until foamy.
- Stir in sugar, zucchini, oil and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients and spices and gradually add to wet ingredients.
- Fold in nuts and raisins.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 60 to 80 minutes or until center tests done.
- Cool for 10 minutes on rack and then remove from pans.
- Cool completely on rack before slicing.
I had made a loaf of this bread & one of the Zucchinni chocolate bread the other night. My husband (who does not like zucchini & gave me an "oh man" when he found out it was in both loafs). Just called me at work to tell me that he had just tried both breads & he liked them both but this one was the best out of the two! Two thumbs up from a non-zucchini eater!
This is delicious! Had a similar recipe a few years ago and had misplaced it, now I have this! I used Canola oil, 3 medium zucchini made the 2 cups asked for, and I added the raisins also used walnuts. Thank you so much!
Every year my husband walks in with an armload of zucchini and I head to look for Barb's Zucchini recipe. Have been making it every year for the past 4 that I can count. Great basic recipe. I mix it up by doing any of the following; over adding extra cups of zucchini, add chocolate chips, nuts, raisins and even coconut. Family gives me rave reviews. Thanks Barb!