Sweet and spicy! You can make this in a foil pan to bring for pot luck, BBQ's or give as a house warming gift.... This was given to me by Barb. It's tweaked a bit. Enjoy!
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml salt
- 946.36 ml shredded carrots
- 158.51 ml chopped walnuts
- 78.07 ml raisins (optional)
cream cheese frosting
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 118.29 ml butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml lemon, zest of, of
- 453.59 g powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 13x9 cake pan.
- With mixer, cream together the sugar and eggs.
- Slowly pour in oil, mixing until fully incorporated.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in increments.
- Add carrots and walnuts stir in and stir in optional raisins.
- Pour into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes - 1 hour.
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter/margarine.
- Add vanilla, lemon juice and zest.
- Blend in powdered sugar, beating until smooth.
- Frost cooled cake.
This carrot cake is so good. I made it for my father's birthday. He loves carrot cake and when I saw your recipe, I knew I had to make it. I used half the sugar and brown sugar. I omitted the walnuts. I used golden raisins. The icing is great. Texture of the cake was perfect. Thanks Rita :) Made for PAC Spring 2013
Very good, simple recipe. The cake was moist and delicious!
This is the recipe I use. Moist, spicy and just plain yummy. I add raisins and just a tad more lemon juice. I've made it a few times now and we all love it. Thanks for sharing :)