Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sweet and spicy! You can make this in a foil pan to bring for pot luck, BBQ's or give as a house warming gift.... This was given to me by Barb. It's tweaked a bit. Enjoy!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup raisins (optional)
cream cheese frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, zest of, of
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 13x9 cake pan.
- With mixer, cream together the sugar and eggs.
- Slowly pour in oil, mixing until fully incorporated.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in increments.
- Add carrots and walnuts stir in and stir in optional raisins.
- Pour into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes - 1 hour.
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter/margarine.
- Add vanilla, lemon juice and zest.
- Blend in powdered sugar, beating until smooth.
- Frost cooled cake.
This carrot cake is so good. I made it for my father's birthday. He loves carrot cake and when I saw your recipe, I knew I had to make it. I used half the sugar and brown sugar. I omitted the walnuts. I used golden raisins. The icing is great. Texture of the cake was perfect. Thanks Rita :) Made for PAC Spring 2013
Very good, simple recipe. The cake was moist and delicious!
This is the recipe I use. Moist, spicy and just plain yummy. I add raisins and just a tad more lemon juice. I've made it a few times now and we all love it. Thanks for sharing :)