Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Healthy Cooking for Two, by Brenda Shriver.
- 1⁄2 lb top round steak
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon low-fat margarine
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream substitute
- 2 cups cooked no yolk noodles
- Pound steak until about 1/4" thick, and cut into 1/2" slices across the grain, then cut length wise into 1" pieces.
- Spray med skillet w/veg spray; heat on med-high, add margarine.
- Add steak, saute for 4-5 min., or til browned and tender.
- Remove, set aside and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to skillet, stirring frequiently; when mushrooms are brown, return steak to skillet, add salt, pepper, nutmeg and wine; bring to a gentle boil.
- Remove from heat and add sour cream sub, blending in well.
- Serve over noodles.