Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Healthy Cooking for Two, by Brenda Shriver.
Make and share this Barb's Beef Stroganoff recipe from Food.com.
- Pound steak until about 1/4" thick, and cut into 1/2" slices across the grain, then cut length wise into 1" pieces.
- Spray med skillet w/veg spray; heat on med-high, add margarine.
- Add steak, saute for 4-5 min., or til browned and tender.
- Remove, set aside and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to skillet, stirring frequiently; when mushrooms are brown, return steak to skillet, add salt, pepper, nutmeg and wine; bring to a gentle boil.
- Remove from heat and add sour cream sub, blending in well.
- Serve over noodles.