Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
We have been trying different ways to make fish tacos. I came up with this very easy, tasty recipe.This recipe does not call for seasoned salt. I could not get Lawry's Baja Chipotle sauce to post right.
- 6 crunchy breaded fish fillets (any brand)
- 2 cups coleslaw mix (with carrots & red cabbage)
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3 -4 tablespoons Lawry's baja chipotle sauce with lime juice (more or less to taste)
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (or multi-grain)
- Bake fish according to directions on package.
- Mix sour cream & Lawry marinade in a small bowl.
- Heat tortillas in microwave until warm.
- When fish is crispy, cut fish into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Place fish on tortilla top with sauce(we like lots of sauce) & cabbage; roll up & enjoy.
Simple, quick and delicious!!! Like the others, Lawry's Chipotle sauce was not at my grocer, however, there was some type of creamy chipotle sauce that worked perfectly. I only cooked up five pieces of fish at first ... those were gobbled up and I ended up cooking up the rest of the box!!! Great recipe for a last minute meal. Thank U Barb :)
OH SO GOOD! Like BerrySweet I could't find Lawry's Baja sauce. so I used Klyn's Chipotle Salsa Negra (Dark Chipotle Salsa) Chipotle Salsa Negra (Dark Chipotle Salsa). I breaded my own fish, personal preference. Thanks for sharing.
Good! Lawry's Baja is not available here, so I used Melissa's Organic Baja Lime Marinade and added in a bit of the adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers which I'm guessing has a similar taste to what Barb posted. Used beer battered fish. Next time I'll stir the coleslaw into the sour cream mixture. Great easy fish tacos!