Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
We really enjoy this asparagus salad. Use the dressing of your choice. We really like the champane dressing. Cook time is for blanching the asparagus.
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, cut on diagonal and blanched
- 1 can mandarin orange
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1 -2 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1⁄2 cup celery, cut diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, cut diagonal
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds or 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- salt and pepper
- salad dressing, use either spinach salad dressing or girard champagne dressing
- Wash asparagus and snap off ends.
- Cut on diagonal and blanche (add asparagus to boiling water and cook until tender while still maintaining a bright green color---then remove, drain and immediately immerse in a cold bath of ice water.) When all ingredients are prepared as instructed, toss asparagus, Mandarin oranges, grapes, carrots, celery, and green onions together with dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with toasted sliced or slivered almonds.
Beautiful salad and what wonderful flavors!
Wonderful, gorgeous salad! Beautiful colors and a great combination of textures and flavors. Used a Dijon champagne vinaigrette dressing and loved the result.