Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love clam chowder soup & found this recipe to be very easy & delicious. I found it in Woman's World many, many years ago & it ios the only calm chowder soup I make.
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can clam, drained reserving juice
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 dash pepper
- oyster crackers (optional)
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Saute onion in same skillet as bacon until soft.
- Add clam juice& potatoes.
- Cover& cook over low heat until potatoes are tender, 15 min.
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Add flour& mix together.
- Add milk& blend until smooth.
- Add clam juice& potatoes; cook& stir until thickened.
- Add soup, bacon, clams,& pepper; cook over low heat until heated through, Serve with oyster crackers, if desired.
I used to make this years ago, the entire family loved it. It is good to see that this recipe is still out there
Prepared, it looks good, taste is bad.