1/3 Photos of Barbie Doll Birthday Cake
2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A toddler girl's dream come true! After looking all over the place for instructions, I finally put a few different construction ideas together. I bought a cheap barbie, undressed her, wrapped her legs in cling film and used her in the cake. After the cake had been cut, I unwrapped her from the cling film and dressed her and gave her to my daughter, who still talks about her doll's 'beautiful cake dress'! I used a 2-litre/4-pint oven-proof mixing/pudding Pyrex bowl and a 20cm round cake tin. Barbie's legs are long, hence the extra 20cm cake under the bowl-shaped one. Prep time includes decorating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE ICING
- 1Preheat oven to 150 degrees celcius/300°F.
- 2Wipe a little butter around the inside of the bowl and tin, then line with greaseproof/baking paper.
- 3Sift the flour into a mixing bowl.
- 4Add the sugar, butter, eggs and milk.
- 5Mix until it looks pale and creamy, using electric mixer or wooden spoon.
- 6Divide proportionately between the pudding bowl and the tin and smooth the tops.
- 7Bake for approximately 1 1/2 hours (If you stick a skewer into the centre it should come out clean).
- 8Remove from oven, turn them out and gently remove baking paper. Allow to cool completely.
- 9Mix the icing ingredients well.
- 10If desired, carefully slice both cakes in half, horizontally and fill the middle with icing. (Cover and save the rest of the icing until later).
- 11Place upside-down pudding bowl cake on top of round cake, with icing between them.
- 12Wrap in foil or cling film and place in freezer for 20 mins or fridge for an hour. (this will firm up the cake to allow you to cut the hole for Barbie's legs, and create less crumbs when icing the cake).
- 13Use a long knife(eg bread knife) to cut a hole in the centre of the cake, long enough for Barbie's legs, up to just below her waist.
- 14Wrap Barbie's legs in cling wrap up to her waist and insert her into the hole in the cake.
- 15Colour and flavour the buttercream and/or fondant icing as desired.
- 16Ice a thin layer of buttercream all over the cake. Place in fridge for 15 minutes.
- 17Smooth another layer of buttercream OR roll out the fondant icing and drape around the cake, imitating the folds of a dress. If using buttercream, you can neaten it by dippng a knife in hot water and smoothing it over the icing.
- 18Pipe buttercream or wrap a piece of fondant icing around Barbie's torso.
- 19Embellish as you please!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbie Doll Birthday Cake
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 818.9
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 26.9 g
- Cholesterol 235.7 mg
- Sodium 872.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 66.9 g
- Protein 8.5 g