Recipe by DbKnadler
I was very surprised to not see a recipe for this cake. It is very popular with mothers of young girls. My daughters 4th is tomorrow and I can't wait to see the look on her face when she sees her cake! I welcome as many pics as possible to show all the different styles you can create with this idea. Jan 31st,08 EDIT: I used my Pampered Chef measuring/mixing bowl to bake this in, and it also was too short for the doll to fit down in. I ended up buying a cheap dime store imitation that had hollow legs and just cut them off at the correct height. :)
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
I made this a while back for my daughter's 7th birthday and forgot to review it. She LOVED it! And so did our dog, Petey! I spent HOURS making this and decorating it "just so". I carefully set it in my office the day before the big event. The next morning, I crept in to admire my lovely creation and OMG!!! The entire front half of the cake was naked! I was in shock. My dog had licked all the icing and decorations off of there! No wonder he was so happy! He thought I had left that cake there just for him! Oh well... what're ya gonna do?!? Stuff happens, right?
- 1 (18 ounce) box cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 (16 ounce) cans frosting
- 2 tablespoons candy sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- You must also have a Barbie doll for this recipe, but I could not include it in the ingredients list as it is a non-food item.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Grease and flour a an 8 cup rounded glass measuring cup, or you can use a metal mixing bowl.
- Prepare cake mix by adding first 4 ingredients and mixing for 2 minutes.
- Pour cake mix into prepared measuring cup (or metal mixing bowl, and bake 50-60 mins until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 mins, then invert onto cake tray.
- Let cool completely before frosting, about 3 hours.
- After completely cool use frosting to decorate cake to look like Barbie's dress.
- Insert Barbie legs all the way down into middle of the cake, then use remaining frosting to cover her bosoms to complete the dress.