Recipe by Boyz 5
A recipe by James Barber.... A sticky,sweet treat that will appeal to the "kid" in all of us... Perfect for the holiday cookie platter.
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a loaf pan.
- In a pot,combine icing sugar, milk, corn syrup and vanilla bean.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring with a wooden spoon. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove vanilla bean.
- Gradually stir in butter.
- Cook stirring frequently, until temperature reaches 230 F.(110 C.) on a candy thermometer.
- Pour into loaf pan and cool at room temperature for at least 2 hours before cutting into 18 pieces.
- Wrap caramels with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Do not use waxed paper as it will stick to the caramels.