A great jelly made from barberries
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use only fully ripened fruit.
- 2Wash and stem the fruit and measure 8 cups worth.
- 3Place the fruit into a saucepan and mash.
- 4Add 1 cup of cold water and cook over moderate heat till the juice starts to flow (up to 10 minutes).
- 5Strain the juice through a jelly bag, and for each cup of juice add 1½ cups of sugar.
- 6Place the juice in a deep saucepan and mix in the sugar.
- 7Place over a high heat and bring to a boil. Hold at the boil for 15 minutes or till the mixture passes the jell sheeting test.
- 8Stir the mixture constantly in order to prevent the bottom from burning.
- 9Remove the mixture, skim off the red foam and pour the jelly into hot sterilized jelly jars.
- 10Seal while hot.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barberry Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (537 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 74.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: