Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
A great conserve made from barberries.
- Slice the oranges into very thin sections and remove the seeds.
- Cook the slices in a little water till tender.
- Clean and stem the fully ripe barberries.
- Crush the fruit with a potato masher and strain the pulp and juice through a strainer to remove the seeds.
- Add the juice pulp to the cooked oranges and mix well.
- Add the cinnamon, lemon juice and sugar.
- Mix well and bring to a boil, then simmer over a low heat till the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat; pour into hot sterile jelly jars and seal.