Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mother's fantastic ribs, a childhood favorite, sweet with just a bit of a kick, and so very moist and tender. I've never had anything else quite like them.
- 1360.77-1814.36 g ribs (2 racks)
- 453.59 g brown sugar
- 396.89 g bottle ketchup (Heinz)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3.69 ml dry mustard
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- Blend sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Cut ribs into pieces.
- Put in large roasting pan and brown in 325 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Drain off grease.
- Dip ribs into sauce and place in pan.
- Pour 1 cup water in bottom of pan.
- Pour extra sauce over ribs.
- Cook covered for 1 hour at 200 degrees.
These ribs are very good and easy to make. The only thing I did differently was that I baked my ribs at 325 degrees during the second baking since my ribs were pretty thick with meat. We really enjoyed them. The sauce gives a sweet/sour type of bbq sauce and creates a really great tasty and tender rib. Made for PAC Spring 2014.