Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
We love these tangy, cajun barbequed scallops! They're very quick and easy to make- just 30 minutes in the oven. Be sure to allow 2 hours for marinating time. It really makes them extra special.
- 2 lbs medium scallops
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 3 cups cooked buttered rice
- Wash the scallops and pat dry.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the rice. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450. Spread the scallops (with the marinade) evenly in a 13x9 baking pan. Bake on top rack of oven for 15 minutes.
- Stir the scallops, turn off the oven and leave them in there for 15 more minutes with the door closed.
- Serve over rice.
Mmmm....we love them too! Even DH, who said, "What makes you think I like scallops?" when he came through the door. Well, maybe they just hadn't been prepared in a suitable manner because he ate his three scallops and went back for seconds on the sauce and rice. We, er, ran out of scallops because I could only afford one pound. I had no idea they were no expensive. But anyway, sea scallops are very meaty at about 3 oz apiece, and it was more than satisfying. The sauce is much more than a normal BBQ sauce. You maybe can't tell by looking at it, but so true. Don't worry if, after marinating them, you put the scallops and marinade in the oven and the latter looks like paste. The juices from the scallops thin it out during cooking. Be sure to spray your cooking pan before cooking. Thank you for a very delicious entree!