Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This versatile vinaigrette dressing can be used on many different kinds of dishes including pasta salad and is good warm as well as cold. By Jana Lane on suite101.com. This recipe is posted as written for safe keeping.
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, ground (or cumin powder)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 -4 slices bacon, baked and crumbled
- Whisk all of the above together in a bowl until blended thoroughly.
- Warm the dressing on the stove until barely hot and put aside to cool. It is recommended that the dressing sit over night so that the flavors can marry. It can be served warm or cold on salad.
- Salad ingredients: green lettuce, pecans, hard-boiled eggs, blue cheese, avocado, green onions, halved cherry tomatoes and chopped red pepper. You can also add corn, hominy or red beans.
Easy to reduce to 2-3 servings, excellent flavor! HappY Easter !
Crazy good! Well, at least it's not fattening, like everything else at Easter. Have A Happy Easter Everybody!!! *PAC Spring 2013*