Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. This is a great recipe that you and your children will enjoy, even if you do not have children this is a fun and tasty recipe to lighten things up and leave you comforted. Our 15 month old daughter loves watching the dinosaur train so we created this recipe for her so she gets lots of protein from both eggs and ground beef; and she gets plenty of vitamins and nutrients from the other ingredients, plus it just taste great.
My Private Note
dinbo e ...
Units: US | Metric
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons bacon
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers
- 4 tablespoons monterey jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon your favorite barbecue rub
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 bunch boston lettuce leaf
your favorite barbecue rub
- 1preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2in a sauce pan cover boiled eggs in water, bring to boil, when water comes to roaring boil turn off heat, and let eggs sit for 10 minutes, remove and add to bowl with cold water.Take heavy duty aluminum foil make it into the shape of a cup,.
- 3add small diced bacon and put into oven and bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4in the meantime combine lean ground beef, red bell pepper, and Monterey jack cheese, the browned bacon bits and 1 tsp of bbq rub into a bowl and mix, do not over mix.
- 5crack cooled eggs and dust with a little flour.
- 6divide ground beef into four quarters and wrap around each egg to form the dinosaur egg.
- 7wrap each dinosaur egg in an aluminum foil pocket and bake for 20 minutes in pre heated oven.
- 8after 20 minutes uncover carefully pour out any juices and return to bake uncovered for another 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9this dish can be served with tater tots baked on aluminum foil ( cook according to package directions) and a side of barbeque sauce dip.
- 10serve dinosaur eggs on bed of Boston lettuce.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbeque Dino Egg #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.4
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 270.8 mg
- Sodium 1113.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 31.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boston lettuce leaves