Recipe by chilepepper1231
This is my version of a Pillsbury recipe. I just think they are better if you add the cheese after partially baked and not at the beginning. When I made it the cheese was over-baked and hard. I also tried them with Bulls-eye BBQ sauce and the Open Pit was liked much more. I made them for my neice and nephews for one of their birthdays and this recipe has been a staple in their house also. Good for kids, but I like them too.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (I use Open Pit regular or onion, not a smoky, rib type sauce)
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 can round refrigerated biscuit
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease muffin cup pan.
- As many as you have biscuits, usually 10.
- In skillet, brown ground beef, with onions.
- Drain off fat.
- Add barbecue sauce and brown sugar.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Place 1 biscuit in each muffin cup pressing down in bottom and up the sides.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup into each biscuit cup.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until almost done.
- Sprinkle each with cheese and return to oven for 2 to 3 minutes more, until cheese is melted.
- Cool 1 minute and remove from pan to serve.