Recipe by M&Mers
This is the easiest side dish you will ever make! Everyone we have ever served this to cannot believe there are only 2 ingredients. Even non-zucchini lovers will come back for seconds. We use the exact same recipe for asparagus.
Top Review by SaraFish
This is so very good! I loved it. I had a very large homegrown zucchini that I sliced on the bias and I used a tomatoey Italian dressing. I let the zucchini sit in the dressing for a little while before I barbequed it. I cooked it a bit longer than necessary, perhaps, but I enjoyed the lightly burnt crusty parts. It was really very easy, fast and delicious! However, my non-zucchini-eating husband and son didn't like it. Oh what a shame....more for me! :-) I'm uploading a picture, too, so you can see how pretty the grill mark look!
- 3 zucchini (green or yellow, 8-inch)
- 1⁄3 cup zesty Italian dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/2 to 3/8 inch thick slices.
- Place in oval casserole dish and add dressing.
- Flip slices around to coat with dressing.
- Cook directly on outdoor barbecue on medium heat for approximately 8-10 minutes or until zucchini is golden with grill marks.
- Baste frequently with leftover dressing, turning often.