Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My parents always check the discount rack at the grocery store. When there is Yams they make this. A great hot item to prepare in the summer when you are already barbecuing.
- Cut yams into 3/4" slices.
- Place in microwave and cover with wax paper.
- Microwave until cooked.
- Remove from microwave and coat with maple syrup.
- Preheat barbecue to medium and place yams on grill.
- Cook on both sides for 2 1/2 minutes occasionally brushing with more maple syrup.
- Remove and serve.
Just finished eating these for supper and they are fantastic. The sweetness of the maple syrup adds just the right touch. I wish I could give it more stars, but 5 seems to be the limit. Thanks for posting a new way to eat yams. I usually roast mine in the oven with some salt and olive oil. Again thanks for posting.
We love yams and this was simply great. I tried broiling the yam slices instead of barbecuing and the extra maple syrup added just the right amount of flavor.
Simple and tasty. Four stars for taste, five for simplicity and presentation.