Recipe by peleegal
My parents always check the discount rack at the grocery store. When there is Yams they make this. A great hot item to prepare in the summer when you are already barbecuing.
Top Review by ~Leanne~
Just finished eating these for supper and they are fantastic. The sweetness of the maple syrup adds just the right touch. I wish I could give it more stars, but 5 seems to be the limit. Thanks for posting a new way to eat yams. I usually roast mine in the oven with some salt and olive oil. Again thanks for posting.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut yams into 3/4" slices.
- Place in microwave and cover with wax paper.
- Microwave until cooked.
- Remove from microwave and coat with maple syrup.
- Preheat barbecue to medium and place yams on grill.
- Cook on both sides for 2 1/2 minutes occasionally brushing with more maple syrup.
- Remove and serve.