Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cheap, fast and my daughter's favorite meal. A red sauce with onions and hot dog weenies combined make a flavorful dish.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped small)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (Adams is the best)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 (12 ounce) package hot dogs (cut into bite size pieces )
- In a small pot, saute chopped onion in oil till soft and clear.
- In small bowl mix worcestershire sauce, chili powder, ketchup, and water. Add to cooked onions in pot. (I like to double these ingredients to have more gravy).
- Simmer 10-15 minutes on low heat.
- Add chopped weenies and cook 20 minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice.
This was easy to make and I think would be kid friendly. I used cooking spray instead of oil. Made for Spring '09 Pick A Chef.