Recipe by BecR
Perfect for holiday entertaining or gift giving. Recipe originally from The Nebraska Farmer in 1963.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 4 cups walnut halves
- cooking spray
- seasoning salt, such as Lawry's brand, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the butter in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl and microwave, on high and covered with a paper towel, until melted, about 45 seconds.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir in the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and Tabasco sauce. Add the walnuts and stir until they are well-coated.
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with cooking oil spray, and spread the walnuts evenly in the dish. Bake, uncovered, and stirring every 5 minutes, until lightly toasted, about 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and pour nuts out onto 2 layers of paper towels. Sprinkle with seasoning salt. Cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes, and store in an airtight jar or tin for up to 3 weeks at room temperature.
- TIP: These would probably freeze well too.