Perfect for holiday entertaining or gift giving. Recipe originally from The Nebraska Farmer in 1963.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the butter in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl and microwave, on high and covered with a paper towel, until melted, about 45 seconds.
- 2Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir in the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and Tabasco sauce. Add the walnuts and stir until they are well-coated.
- 3Spray a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with cooking oil spray, and spread the walnuts evenly in the dish. Bake, uncovered, and stirring every 5 minutes, until lightly toasted, about 20 minutes.
- 4Remove pan from oven and pour nuts out onto 2 layers of paper towels. Sprinkle with seasoning salt. Cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes, and store in an airtight jar or tin for up to 3 weeks at room temperature.
- 5TIP: These would probably freeze well too.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (581 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 831.1
- Calories from Fat 738
- Total Fat 82.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 253.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 17.9 g