Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
As a diabetic I appreciated any new sweet potato recipe that appears to be full of flavour and this one from Super Food Ideas I think fits the bill. INDIRECT HEAT - turn burners on 1 half of barbecue to required temperature and place baking tray on unheated side of barbecue and close hood.
- You will need two (2) pieces of foil measuring 28cm x 30cm and a disposable foil baking tray.
- Preheat a covered barbecue on medium high heat with hood down and place 1 piece of foil on top of the other.
- Scrub sweet potato and pat dry with paper towel and then using a shap knife make 3 cuts into the sweet potatoe but DON'T cut right through and the place the sweet potato on prepared foil.
- Combine oil and seasoning in a bowl and drizzle oil mix over the sweet potato, rubbing into the slits and then wrap rightly in the foil and place in the foil baking tray.
- Barbecue with hood down using indirect heat (see note in intro) for 1 hour turning occasionally or until tender.
- Remove from barbecue and cool for 5 minutes and then remove foil and cut into thick slices and serve.
Life does not get any easier or healthier than these succulent potatoes! DH asked that I mention that the olive oil, herb and sweet potato juice that collects in the foil is well worth taking a spoon to. Thanks for the post.