Recipe by I'mPat
As a diabetic I appreciated any new sweet potato recipe that appears to be full of flavour and this one from Super Food Ideas I think fits the bill. INDIRECT HEAT - turn burners on 1 half of barbecue to required temperature and place baking tray on unheated side of barbecue and close hood.
Top Review by Debbwl
Life does not get any easier or healthier than these succulent potatoes! DH asked that I mention that the olive oil, herb and sweet potato juice that collects in the foil is well worth taking a spoon to. Thanks for the post.
Directions See How It's Made
- You will need two (2) pieces of foil measuring 28cm x 30cm and a disposable foil baking tray.
- Preheat a covered barbecue on medium high heat with hood down and place 1 piece of foil on top of the other.
- Scrub sweet potato and pat dry with paper towel and then using a shap knife make 3 cuts into the sweet potatoe but DON'T cut right through and the place the sweet potato on prepared foil.
- Combine oil and seasoning in a bowl and drizzle oil mix over the sweet potato, rubbing into the slits and then wrap rightly in the foil and place in the foil baking tray.
- Barbecue with hood down using indirect heat (see note in intro) for 1 hour turning occasionally or until tender.
- Remove from barbecue and cool for 5 minutes and then remove foil and cut into thick slices and serve.