Recipe by Gavin's Mommy
An easy meal to make for a lazy weekend! Low in WW points too!
Top Review by maliaj70
I've made this recipe at least 8 times now. It's sooo yummy!! The only change I made was to use one package of ground turkey which is 1.1 lbs (instead of 2 lbs). Makes enough for two nights.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke (hickory flavoring)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook turkey & onions over medium-high heat, until the turkey is lightly browned (6 to 8 min). Drain any liquid.
- In a 3 1/2 or 4 quart crock pot, but in turkey mixture. Stir in the remaining ingredients, setting aside 1 tsp of the liquid smoke.
- Cover & cook on low for 6 to 7 hours. Stir in the tsp of liquid smoke. Serve on sourdough rolls or bread bowls.