- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, chopped and seeded
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 lb turkey, ground
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste, no salt added
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 whole grain sandwich rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat pineapple juice in frying pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and green pepper and cook over medium heat until onion is softened.
- Turn heat up to medium-high and add ground turkey.
- Cook until turkey is light brown.
- In medium bowl, mix tomato paste, water, mustard and garlic powder.
- Add to turkey and simmer 30 minutes.
- Serve on whole-grain rolls.