Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Tasty and economical meal.
- 4 turkey drumsticks (about 1 lb. each)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Arrange drumsticks in a casserole dish; salt, pepper and add 1/2 cup water.
- Cover tightly and bake at 350°F for 2- 2 1/2 hours.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Melt butter in baking pan; turn drumsticks in butter and bake, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°F; mix catsup, brown sugar, dry mustard and nutmeg; pour over drumsticks.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes more.
I was extremely impressed with this recipe. It was absolutely moist and amazing for taste. It was soo much better then trying to make a soup out of the legs. I am definetely going to keep this and buy more legs. Thanks for sharing
Tasty. How could you not love it?
Cooked these up last night for dinner, they were very tasty and tender.(I had 6 drumsticks), I followed the exact cooking times and method except I used bbq sauce instead of the mixture. We had cole slaw and cornbread to round off the meal. Can't wait to make this again, the family loved it!! Thanks papergoddess