Recipe by CrystalRN
I found this last year and stuffed it away until I was brave enough to try it. I work on Thanksgiving so I won't be trying it this year, perhaps another brave soul will :)
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon pan dripping
- 1 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 1 (8 -10 lb) turkey
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown onions in grease;
- Add remaining ingredients except turkey, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 30 minutes. Cool to lukewarm.
- Place turkey on foil; salt and pepper.
- Spread catsup mixture heavily over and inside turkey. Fold foil over turkey.
- Bake for 8 to 10 hours from 250 to 300°F.