- 1 (4 lb) beef brisket, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the meat, cover and let chill overnight.
- Bring to room tempurature.
- Bake covered @ 275 for 3 to 4 hours or until intermal temp is 145.
- Remove from oven, paint with BBQ sauce, burn slightly over hot coals to caramelize the sugars in sauce. Let sit 20 minutes before cutting.